Friday, July 07, 2006

So sorry, we lost your check so we charged your account twice!

So, I noticed that a check I wrote was posted to my account twice and called the bank about it. Here is the response I got...

Thank you for contacting NetBank.

Check #1097 was represented to your account on 7/5/06 in error as a result of being lost in transit within the Federal Reserve Banking System. We have credited your account $200.00 for correction and forwarded this information to the depositing bank for further adjustment. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with this issue. If you need further assistance, please contact us. We value your business and appreciate your choosing NetBank.

While I am grateful to have my $200 back, wtf? Lost within the Federal Reserve Banking system...so it gets taken outta the account twice? Riiiight. Wonder how many poor schmucks this has happened to that never noticed it?

Note to self: keep all money in shoebox under bed. it will be safer there.

File under:
incompetence

No comments: