Tuesday, May 06, 2008

SocialSpark is Live!

I have been using a couple of different sites that pay you to blog about certain things for about a year now. In fact, this post is one of those types of blog posts. You see, one of the sites that I use a lot is owned by IZEA and they have just recently launched another site that pays you to blog called SocialSpark. The thing is that SocialSpark is a little bit different than the other site. First off, SocialSpark is set up that it has a bit more of a social network or a community feel to it. You see, with SocialSpark bloggers can create profiles so that they can interact with the other bloggers on the site. For an example, check out the profile for Heather in Beautiful BC and you will see a real blogger profile. It is easy to see how this site is designed to double as a bit of a social network. In my experience there are not as many opps on this site as on its sister site, which is PayPerPost. I also think that the opps on PPP end up having a higher payout. This is somewhat due to their being more opps on PPP but it is largely due to dynamic pricing on Social Spark. Basically that means that you might see an opp for $10 but if demand goes up before you get it then you could end up getting paid a lower amount. The lowest I have seen is $5.50. I have also noticed that the required word count on SocialSpark is generally a bit higher than on PPP. So with the combo of higher word counts and less pay, SocialSpark is less than appealing to me. However, I do think it is worth checking out and I will do opps from there from time to time. I just do not love it like I thought I would.

No comments: