Wednesday, November 08, 2006

a mouthy hobbit sits beside me at work

I enjoy the slacker pasttime of getting paid to do nothing. What's even better is getting paid to play online or do my homework for my MBA classes.

Travis the Hobbit likes to interrupt me while I am trying to partake in these activities. He sits in the cubicle beside me. He likes to talk. A lot. About nothing. Even when no one is listening. He also likes to repeat the same stories every day.

Travis the Hobbit enjoys bacon from the cafeteria downstairs for breakfast. He likes to show up for work late and scour the office for free food.

Travis the Hobbit likes to sneak up behind me when I am deeply focused on a particularly enticing bit of g/g slash fan fiction. Travis the Hobbit moves with the stealth of a ninja at these moments.

Travis the Hobbit tells me daily about the 5 mile run he does with his 'group' (AA? Dungeons & Dragons? who knows?) every Saturday. Travis the Hobbit has a pot belly. He also tells me he has bad knees. And a step-dog.

Travis the Hobbit hates this job as much as I do. He tells me about it every day. Several times.

file under:

No comments: