Friday, November 10, 2006

This is rich

My girlfriend works at a company that bills Medicare for nursing homes, I don't know how she has put up with this job for almost 2 years...she just sent me this nugget describing her morning....

I am oh so tired of these people, of this job, of people’s stupidity and their need to bully someone to feel better about their pathetic lives and small pebble brains. I am oh so tired of their stupid phone calls. Example: (and this is a real call that just happened. These are quotes. I’m not paraphrasing.)


I got your papers you faxed yesterday saying that you haven’t received these confirmations.
Mm hm.
Well I’ve got news for you. I faxed them back on the first.
Okay.
You didn’t get them?
No. (‘obviously’ is the parenthetical here)
Well, I’ve got the transmission result right here saying that it went through. Is your fax number 771-0062?
That’s one of them.
Well that’s what I faxed it to and it went through. It took 44 seconds to transmit.
Okay.
What’s going on over there?
I don’t know.
Someone’s buzzing me. Well, I’m going to fax them again, but it has to be on your end.
Okay.

No comments: